Epson R260

tokyoi at mac.com tokyoi at mac.com
Fri Jan 5 18:47:20 UTC 2007

On Saturday, January 06, 2007, at 03:38AM, "jim tate" <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>Epson R260 Drivers ? ,it is a new printer just out, are there drivers
>for the 260?

It's a development of the R200, just off the cuff, so if there is a driver for that you could probably use it for most of the functions. I have an R300 (now => R360) which works ok from CUPS, though I must say that if I need anything critical doing without any mucking about I use my Mac .... I also have a MaxArt PX-5500 which I haven't even dreamt of using with Linux I'm afraid. This is a fact of life at the moment for complex modern printers and the resources which most manufacturers are willing to devote to developing Linux drivers (let alone releasing the driver code).

Best wishes,

Ian