A really good article on software usability

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:16:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 14:06 -0500, Jacques B. wrote:

> We can suggest changes to FOSS.  We can request changes to FOSS.  But
> we are hardly in a position to complain about it.

Agreed, but then it doesn't make sense to even wonder why it
isn't more popular.  But I think some of the products are making
an effort, just still getting it wrong in a lot of cases.

> You don't like the "Do you want to save your document?" prompt on exit
> from a word processor. I do.  You'll find them on both sides of the
> argument.

But there's a solution to that.  On every annoying dialog box you
can have a checked checkbox that says 'annoy me with this stupid
question every time'.  Or something like that.  We are starting
to see them in some browser popups.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com