Beryl options and nvidia

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Fri Jan 5 19:48:59 UTC 2007

I have beryl running with nvidia prop. drivers with the following
beryl --use-cow --force-aiglx --skip-gl-yield
There are now problems with black windows etc... that may appear with
other options. The X server is running with increased priority (set by
using schedtool), so there responsiveness is good running tvtime
smoothly even under system load.
There is one small issue however: Before a menu window is filled with
content, there may appear some artifacts in the window background. These
disappear if I use the --force-nvidia option, but then UI responsiveness
is distintively slower and tvtime does not run smoothly anymore.
Is this is a known issue?
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49