Install Software from Command Line

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:47:37 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Paul Lockwood <palockwood at hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK
>
> I have FC6 installed with the command line only, due to using a virtual machine.
> Can yiou tell me how I can install the GUI from the command line so that I can get the finised build completed to its standard?
>
> I have all of the CD ISO's now.
I do not know from the CDs,
I think you can do this.

   # yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
or
   # yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

depending on what you want, Gnome or KDE,
and then check which packages were going to be installed, and look for
that rpms on your CDs.

After that,
rpm -Uvh package1.rpm
and so on.

do not forget to change your inittab to start on the runleve 5
(Graphics) and reboot your Vmachine.

I have done with CentOs, and Debian from the web, and after changing
the inittab file all was OK.

regards,

Guillermo.