Sensors and recent motherboards

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 13:34:21 UTC 2007

Is work still being done on sensors?  I ask because I've had little success on
motherboards bought over the last few of years.  One box has an ASRock K7VT2,
which is generally considered to be a rubbishy old mobo, but the sensors work
well.  I used to have sensors working on an old Asus mobo, but the next Asus
one I bought could not be made to talk to the software.  Then I bought an
Abit KV8Pro - on this box currently - and again I have poor results.

On all those boards I could get cpu, disk and ethernet throughput, but I could
not get either temperatures or fan speeds.  On this one, temp 1 registers
as -1.0C and temp2 as 0.0C.  On the second Asus both registered as 0.0C.  I
know I have had to edit sensors.conf in the past to tune temperatures, but at
least there was documented requirements for the Asus motherboards.  I haven't
found anything at all useful about sensors and the Abit boards.

Any ideas?

Anne