Where Is The AVRISP USB Programmer When I Plug It In?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jan 7 16:41:13 UTC 2007

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I can report a happy ending to the story now. AVRStudio4 did a firmware
> upgrade to the programmer itself. When I retried avrdude using
> /dev/ttyUSB0, it worked like magic. Here is the output:

I am glad to hear you have it working. It is too bad that there
isn't Linux software to do the firmware upgrade. I suspect that the
upgrade was necessary for the programmer to talk to the device you
were trying to program. There error messages from arvdude made it
look as if avrdude could not talk to the programmer, and not that
the programmer could not talk to the device.

At least the next person to run into same problem may be able to
find this thread and know how to fix it...

Mikkel