cannot remove files from /tmp

Rolf Gerrits rm.gerrits at quicknet.nl
Mon Jan 8 21:50:49 UTC 2007

Steve,

That is very helpfull in understanding what is going on.
Solving this is another matter...

# lsattr -a linc* shows :
----i----j--T linc-160f-0-2c899751e4a49
s--D-a-A-j-t- linc-d19-0-5e596cf89dd0e
---D-a-A-j-t- linc-d1b-0-5e596cf865a39
s--D-ad--j-t- linc-d38-0-5fcf32a247496
suS--a-----t- OSL_PIPE_500_SingleOfficeIPC_5c953c8cde59b25240dbf8a4df6a2ff6
--S-i--A-j--T virtual-rolf.usyUMr

chattr command says
The 'j´ attribute suggests this is a journalling problem
The‘s’ attribute - when deleted - will write its block(s) back to disk.
My filesystem is ext3 and kernel 2.6.17-1.2142 ( FC4 )
I am not sure what will happen if I change the 's' attr ( if I can ) ....
Can it be, that this will create new problem ?

.... and don't shout all at once : do-it, do-it ... and tell us what
happened.... this is not funny !
.... I am getting nervous with these things. ;-)

Rolf