When network manager dies I can restart it, watch it spin, then reboot.

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jan 9 20:04:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Robert Cahn wrote:

> I run FC6 on a laptop.  About 1 time in 10 when I start up the network
> manager dies while connecting to the wireless network.  When I restart it it
> sees the wireless network just fine but the little dots never "green up" and
> it never connects.  Right now my work around is to reboot or drag myself
> over to the access point and use ethernet which is a PITA.  Can anyone
> suggest another strategy so that I can keep on working?  I have tried
> issuing ifconfig and iwconfig commands without success.

What's your wireless card?

I occasionally see NM fail to connect on resume from suspend to RAM with
my ipw2200.  One workaround is to right-click the NM icon, disable
wireless, enable wireless.  If that doesn't work, I stop NM and start it
again.  If that doesn't work, I stop NM, rmmod ipw2200, modprobe ipw2200,
and restart NM.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences