Mounting NTFS

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Tue Jan 9 21:02:56 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Jeffrey Burns <jeff at jeffreyburns.net> wrote:
> Also, if you don't need write access, you might want to grab kmod-ntfs
> from livna.org.
>
> And a question for the list - if ntfs-3g meets the requirements for
> inclusion in Extras, what disqualifies kmod-ntfs?

Now that there is ntfs-3g, I wonder why anyone chooses to install the
crippled kernel module kmod-ntfs. If you want read only access, then
just mount using ntfs-3g with only read access.

My question is why Fedora does not ship with ntfs-3g out of the box.
Most dual boot scenarios will benefit from its usage and most new
Fedora users will have an existing NTFS partition.