How can I get rid of beagle??

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jan 9 21:31:55 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 14:52, Boris Glawe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I don't like beagle, since I don't need it and it eats 50% of my system
>resources. The CPU usage is regularly at 100% for example (has beagle
>ever heard something about a nice value??), because beagle runs
>pdftotext on pdf files, which I haven't touched for years.
>
>Beagle is crap. It assumes that all system resources are reserved for
>beagle only and it assumes that the user does nothing but searching lost
>stuff on his/her Desktop.
>
>My problem: I can't get rid of it! I run
>
>mono --debug /usr/lib/beagle/Settings.exe
>(started from the settings menu)
>
>and disable all checkboxes, and close the dialog again. After that this
>god damn beagle still runs. I have to kill those processes manually or
>log off and on. These settings are valid until the next system reboot.
>Beagle is then active again and magically all checkboxes in this config
>GUI are enabled again. I don't know whether the reactivation of beagle
>happens with every reboot, but I have experienced it a dozens of times,
>that beagle is active, though I have explicitly disabled it before.
>
>So, how can can I get rid of beagle?
>
>greets Boris

Call up a session of yumex as root, and have yum remove it?  ISTR there
were 3 items to remove.  But before it removed beagle-gui, I tried to get
it to run and it, if it existed at all, wasn't in the $PATH, so I removed
them.

Let us know please when this thing is ready for prime time, and what
exactly its supposed to do for us when it runs.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)