system-config-network

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 9 23:41:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 05:25 -0800, Rick Lim wrote:
> system-config-network from the command line takes approx 1 min. to start up,

Not that long, but still quite long.  I'm yet to see a system that's
quick at parsing plain text configuration files.  I used to remove all
the comments from the Apache and Samba config files, that sped them up
considerably.

> some selections like deleting interfaces seem to take for ever and doing a
> save from the menu never completes.

Can't say that I remember that happening, it was worse at opening
existing things, deleting seemed relatively quick.

I used to notice, back on FC4 (or perhaps FC3), that if you left neat
running for a little while (just a few minutes), it'd always crash.