System does not boot after 'yum update' [SOLVED]

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 04:54:13 UTC 2007

After much chatter at #fedora, the solution arrived upon was to reinstall grub.

Simple enough except that the rescue disk, like the install media,
reports my hard drive in the wrong order. So when I originally
attempted grub-install, it installed grub to the wrong drive (not sure
if that will come back to haunt me yet). Finally figured out what was
the correct drive to install to using fdisk and did he install.

I am back running now. I missed several hours of already rare good tv
programming, and dollar hours of productivty, but oh well.