[fc5] keyring manager

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 15:08:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 08:15 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > Anyway - now every freaking time I need to go wireless, it wants the
> > password to my default keyring.
>
> You should be prompted ony once per login.

I agree for things like webdav. I don't agree for things like
NetworkManager. That should just be automatic. If someone steals my
laptop, sure - they log onto wireless networks. Whoopee - if someone
steals my laptop and knows enough about Linux to root it, they can
anyway, no?

> You can have multiple keyrings, but they'll all be protected.  But how
> about a keyring that doesn't prompt you?
>
> If your keyring password is the same as your login password, you can
> install pam_keyring and it wil take care of unlocking your keyring for
> you.

That sounds like it would work. I'll try that.