Fedora 6 is not able to install in PIII, 256MB SD RAM, 1.3GHz

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 18:53:29 UTC 2007

Norm wrote:

> I have not been able to determine what vintage the processor in my old
> box is but with a 735 clock speed we can assume it is old.

With a 733(ish) processor speed, it was either a Pentium III on a 133
MHz motherboard or a Celeron on a 66 MHz motherboard. You can check by
running
cat /proc/cpuinfo
The 733 MHz Pentium III was released in autumn 1999, the 733 Celeron in
autumn 2000.

If I remember correctly, the 733 MHz Pentium III would have become
obsolete in mid 2001, and the Celeron maybe six months later.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Things have never been the same since my arch enemy, due
aprilcottage.co.uk | to a slight clerical error, put a price on my shed.