rpmbuild process: how to proceed with *X86.rpm

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sat Jan 13 05:54:55 UTC 2007

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 10:52 AM +0100 1/12/07, Pawel wrote:
[...]
>>according to "man rpmbuild", --short-circuit option can be applied
>>only to '-bc' and '-bi'. I just checked it, it does not work for
>>'-bb'.
>
> Eh, you're right. Looks like you'll have to start over, using -ba or
> -bb.

I think that's intentional (and a Good Thing®).  Otherwise, you could
have -bi fail, then muck around and use -ba --short-circuit to create
a package.  That package would then be impossible to reproduce.

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having
lots to do and not doing it.
    -- Mary Wilson Little