fc6 pirut or system-config-kickstart bug?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Sat Jan 13 05:58:34 UTC 2007

I am running Fedora core 6 and when I run system-config-kickstart it pops up
a box that says: "Retrieving package information"
Then in the terminal window I see the error message:

# system-config-kickstart
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/GroupSelector.py:333: GtkWarning:
gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_point: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (tree_view)'
failed
  gobject.idle_add(lambda x: x.scroll_to_point(0, 0), tree)

These are the versions I am running:
pirut-1.2.8-1.fc6
pykickstart-0.36-1
system-config-kickstart-2.6.17-1.fc6

I am not sure if I am missing a package or which package the bug is in.
When I run pirut it seems to work fine with no errors.
I am guessing that system-config-kickstart is suppose to list/check the
packages that are installed and let you see the individual packages in each
group.  Is that true?

I think this is the file that has the problem, lines 165 or 166 I think.

/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/packages.py
    156 class Packages:
    157     def __init__(self, xml, ksdata):
    158         self.toplevel = xml.get_widget("main_window")
    159         self.ksdata = ksdata
    160         pbar = PirutProgressCallback(_("Retrieving package
information")        ,
    161                                      self.toplevel, num_tasks=10)
    162         pbar.show()
    163
    164         self.y = sckYumBase(pbar)
    165         self.gs = sckGroupSelector(self.y, lambda fn:
"/usr/share/pirut/        ui/" + fn)
    166         self.gs.doRefresh()
    167         pbar.destroy()
    168