Preparing FC6 on ASUS A8N-VM CSM with nVidia chipset

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sat Jan 13 06:40:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 07:57:46 AM -0800, Lonni J Friedman (netllama at gmail.com) wrote:
> On 1/12/07, Marco Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have been asked to upgrade with FC6 x86_64 a computer with an
> >ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard, with GeForce 6150 and nForce
> >430 chips for on board video, Ethernet and SATA controller.
> >
> >If I understand correctly, I have to pass some special settings
> >and/or drivers from nVidia during, or immediately after
> >installation, in order to have full support for all the components
> >above.
>

> Where did you read this?  FC6 ships with everything needed.

Not true with some components, if you want (as I specified) full
support for everything that hw can do.

> If you need 3D accleration for graphics, then you'd need to install
> the nvidia X driver after installing the OS

and this comment of yours confirm this is the case with this
motherboard, and I mentioned I also needed to know in advance what to
do right after installation.

Thanks,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73