Preparing FC6 on ASUS A8N-VM CSM with nVidia chipset

javajunkie javajunkie at koyuru.com
Sat Jan 13 06:51:09 UTC 2007

> The ethernet driver is what "worries" me the most, since if that
> doesn't work immediately I wouldn't be able to download anything else.

HI,

Have you checked the asus forums?

I have a p5b-vm (totally different than your board of course) and found
out:

1) my realtek ethernet didn't work until 2.6.19 (reportedly) -- not in
2.6.18 for sure (slapped in a cheap card though and am fine)

2) on a x86_64 (or PAE for that matter) only 3gb of memory is recognized
by bios

#2 is a bios issue and ASUS says this board is for Windows only so we
won't do anything about it.

I wish I'd read the forums closer before getting the board.  I knew xen
ran under it but apperantly that was with 3gb memory or less.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Shawn