Preparing FC6 on ASUS A8N-VM CSM with nVidia chipset

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 12:57:46 UTC 2007

M. Fioretti wrote:

> Sorry for being so picky and paranoid, but I really want to have
> everything set straight before I do the install, and make it succeed
> the first time (otherwise, for personal and work reasons, I may have
> no time to re-do it again for weeks :-( )

It occurs that you should be aware of a bug I noticed (not
hardware related), after installing FC6; the update manager
seemed to insist that something else was accessing the
database, so the GUI tools couldn't be used to update.  The
workaround was to do a yum update from the console.  Don't
know whether this has affected anyone else.

--
imalone