evolution mail.dat

roland roland at cat.be
Sun Jan 14 09:42:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:54:40 +0100, Ambrogio <fn050202 at flashnet.it> wrote:

>> annex, as a mail.dat file. When this user forwards this email to me, I
>> get
>> the annex as it should be. Those annexes can be .pdf or .zip or .txt.
> What version of evolution?

The version is 2.0.2
Apparently, in case of a rich text format email or annex, I don't know
which, microsoft changes the annext in winmail.dat. In this case evolution
should use 'tnef' to open the annex. But it doesn't, so it uses Ktnef. But
when you click on this option it doesn't work. If you save the annex on
the desktop it works.

So I ask myself where can I change the options for evolution, because
there must be a difference. I  never installed tnef or ktnef. So it must
be a very known problem.

--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba