Certain screensavers lock my machine up

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Tue Jan 16 00:10:20 UTC 2007

Ed Gurski <ed at gurski.com> wrote:

> I've run into the same problem and with a little bit of digging I found
> the Kaleidoscope was the screen save locking up my machine. I have
> unselected it and have now been running for 24 hours without a
> lock-up...
>
> HTH...

I just tried the Kaleidoscope preview for about a minute before replying
to your post and it worked just fine.  Could be there are a swarm of
separate bugs that are dependent on things like the specific video card,
nv driver vs. Nvidia binary driver, amount of installed memory, speed of
the box, phase of the moon, etc.  I'll try running just Kaleidoscope for
a while and see if I get a lock up.

Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce