Samba mount fails on Fedora FC5

Szegedi Istvan istvan.szegedi2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 17:04:44 UTC 2007

Hi Akemi,

Thanks a lot for your very fast response..

In the meantime I did some more research and found out the reason; the
problem was on Win XP side (what else you would expect ? :)..

I found in the Win XP eventviewer the following error:

Error: The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for
the server to use a local device. Please, increase the value of this
parameter..

Then I found it by googling that this can be modified using regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\lanmanserver\parameters

There was actually no IRPStackSize parameter defined on my Windows box at
all, so I created a DWORD and set the value to 15, as it was suggested.
After a reboot on Win XP side everything started working.

thanks,
istvan