2 questions about firefox I just have to ask.

Mark Fraser fedora at mfraz.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 16:42:46 UTC 2007

In article <42420bfb0701160804x49acc6ey20e6bed548406e1c at mail.gmail.com>,
   Mark Knoop <mpknoop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/01/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Further the Plugins window. Those displayed have no relation to what is
> > in /usr/lib/firefox.x.x/plugins so I ma not sure where the ones I see
> > come from, nor how to get the right ones displayed. And none of this has
> > anything to do with what is displayed in the about:plugins web address.
> > How does one deal with plugins in an organized way?

> firefox collects plugins from several places:

> ~/.mozilla/plugins/
> /usr/lib/firefox-<version>/plugins/
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I can only seem to get Firefox (2.0.1)
to look in '/usr/lib/firefox-<version>/plugins/' for plugins, if I put them
in '/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/' it doesn't find them.

Is it possible to configure where Firefox looks for plugins? Also, I can't
seem to get the plugin OpenVRML to run - it just causes Firefox to hang.

|\  /| ark Fraser /mfraz2002 at hotmail.com