[Way Way OT] Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jan 18 04:31:07 UTC 2007

On Wed January 17 2007 9:43 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> I think that when the issues turn political, and have departed both from
> Selinux and Fedora both, then it's time to move to the MandrakeOT list.
> On the other hand, I think there's alot of things that can be learned
> about Selinux, the reason it exists, and the reasons it was integrated
> into Fedora.  It would also be noteworthy as to why it was not
> architected as to be easily removed.

As mentioned in another post, I'm not as concerned as when this discussion
began about the back door. It doesn't mean any of the other issues you raise
aren't important. And, I would add one - who exactly is running the Selinux
project and who writes all those rules that get so rapidly updated - one came
in tonight.  It's still an amazing anomaly that the NSA and the leading
corporate promoter of the Open Source Linux OS would be working together.
I've heard it passed off as NSA's self interest, so they can protect their
own networks - somehow, that explanation rings short, very short.

Bush did announce today an end to the warrant-less communications surveillance
programs.

> All those latter items fall within
> the purview of the Fedora list.  Those discussions should continue,
> instead of being discouraged by the New Castrati.

Yes, well, people act that way for all sorts of reasons

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA