How NSA access was built into Windows

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Thu Jan 18 19:51:44 UTC 2007

Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 07:58:19 -0600,
>   Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> > If that was reality, then all bets are off, because quantum computers
>> > would be reasonably expected to render all current and generally
>> > available cryptosystems useless.
>>

> I don't believe that is true. I do believe that RSA public key systems
> are toast under that assumption though.
I work under the assumption that any security measure that the NSA
doesn't complain about they are able to "break."  Note that break here
doesn't mean some form of brute force attack.  Just that they are able
to collect the information they are interested in if they really want to.

New conspiracy: the people complaining about SELinux are actually
working for some botnet mafia.  They're astro-turfing a FUD campaign to
keep people from using SELinux since it makes creating a botnet too
difficult.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce