Kopete & video

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 18 21:49:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 19:18 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> One other thing - I note that there is no PAL setting in kopete.  I
> set it to SECAM, but I haven't a clue what difference that makes.
> ISTR that I tried both NTSC and SECAM, and neither seemed to make much
> difference.

They're video standards, primarily for COMPOSITE video, though still
applicable to Y/C and maybe to YUV (but only as far as specify scan
rate).  If you're using something like a USB webcam, such things have no
meaning.  You'd only need to specify a video standard if you were using
a video camera through your capture card.

I read messages from the public lists.