Beagle

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 04:08:07 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
[..a bunch of good points on which I concur...]
> dunno - 'man beagled' seems to work fine as user or root. Perhaps
> you are not aware of the man pages available for the 'beagle'
> package.
>
> $ rpm -ql beagle|grep '/usr/share/man'

Just for the benefit of the archives and others looking to learn a few
more command line tips, you can also save yourself the pipe to grep
and just use rpm's --docfiles option (d for short):

$ rpm -qd beagle
/usr/share/doc/beagle-0.2.13/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/beagle-0.2.13/README
/usr/share/man/man1/beagle-config.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/beagle-query.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/beagle-shutdown.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/beagle-status.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/beagled.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/beagle-build-index.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/beagle-manage-index.8.gz

The README file is useful as it contains a link to the Beagle home
page where you can read more about it.

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.