Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Christopher A. Williams chrisw at cawllc.com
Mon Jan 22 00:40:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 02:18 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 22/01/07, David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Before you do that you should know that both Fox and CNN videos are made for
> > Windows Media Player display. I seriously doubt they they will be able to do
> > anything to help you.
> >

> That's exactly the reason that I write to them. If they are made for
> Windows Media, then they are repelling Linux and Mac customers. They
> just might not realize that. Or, they might think that there are not
> enough Linux users to cater to them. Let them know that they are
> wrong.

I've written to all of them before - including Citibank (citicards was
mentioned in a separate answer on this thread). I got no response from
CNN or Fox.

Ironically, I was shopping for a credit card when I ran into Citibank's
website issues. I told them that I would not apply for a credit card
from them if their Website wouldn't support my choice of Web browser.
Their response: An on-line application form by e-mail pointing to their
website. Nice...!

I actually had one Website administrator (http://www.petharbor.com) tell
me that IE6 was the only "authorized" browser for viewing their site. I
told them that, as a site promoting a public service relied upon by city
governments, it was not their place to say which browsers were
"authorized". I got no further response. I also don't use them anymore -
I guess they have enough assistance from "authorized" browser running
people who don't mind frame based sites.

Even if it's only in a small way, I vote with my wallet when this stuff
happens. Capital One has a site that works just fine. So does American
Express. Citibank is not the only credit card company in town, and I
figure that if they won't listen to me about this when it comes to
customer service, they probably also won't listen to me about other
issues if they were to come up as well...

Anyone from Citibank care to comment??

Cheers,

Chris

"If you are calm while all around you is chaos,
then you probably haven't fully understood the magnitude of the
situation."

--Unknown