Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Mark Knoop mpknoop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:19:18 UTC 2007

On 22/01/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Firefox is a cross-platform app.  Can you be a little more specific
> > about how this
> > relates to Linux vs. Windows?
> >

> As soon as Microsoft rereleases IE for Linux this will cease to be a
> linux/windows issue. The fact is that there is no working web browser
> for linux.

Oh don't be so melodramatic. I have been using firefox (on both
windows and linux) since its pre-alpha days and have only rarely (and
not recently) had any problems with websites not working correctly.
This includes secure banking with numerous banks, media websites,
airline bookings, etc...

I know that I prefer to have a secure browser (and OS) and work around
the very occasional missing "feature" (more often than not an
advertisement).

Les, can you point us to the bug report you have of course filed
regarding the citicards website problem?

OSS goes both ways - don't just complain about the problems without
contributing to fixing them.

--
Mark Knoop