FC 6 suspend

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:38:05 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Mark Panen <mark.panen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I left my lid closed on my laptop and have come back and it looks like it
>> has suspended, but hitting the power button gives me  a few beeps and
>> powersoff and it will not come out of suspend, what's the trick ?
>>
>> Mark
>>

> I had this happen on my new Dell laptop. I help the power button down
> for a few seconds, and then the machine woke up and shutdown. It
> started up normally after that. I'm not sure what the difference
> between hibernate and sleep is, but one works here and the other
> doesn't. I forgot which :)
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/557/4_him.html
> http://song-lirics.com

On my dell d820 the suspend works fine with kernel-2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 but
does not work with kernel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6.  Something broke between
kernels.

Is that what you see?

--
Brian Millett - [ Elric and Londo, "The Geometry of Shadows"]
"As I look at you, Ambassador Mollari, I see a great hand reaching out of