Xine broken again

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 19:43:09 UTC 2007

Xine just quit again with regards to sound. I had it working all nicely
then a yum update removed!! packages and re-installed it all nice and
broken again. My life seems to be draining through my fingers like sand,
while keeping this boat afloat.

So, is livna not the best source for things related to Xine? At atrpms I
don't find xine-libs although I find xine. If I install from extras, I
get the older xine without the nifty smoke motif of the opening screen.
So, if anyone knows just what package to get from where, that works, I'd
love to have that info and re-install and then mark xine in my excludes
from yum updating ever again. Ever. Just a plain yum install from extras
gives me a jerky playback of the video and no sound. <sigh>

I'm feeling like Little Richard on that Geico commercial,
"Some one HEP ME!!"  <looking all wild eyed and distraught> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net