vmware

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:10:01 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> >> So, seriously, is your problem now solved?
> >>
> >> vmware-config-tools.pl refers to /etc/vmware-tools/.  vmware-config.pl
> >> refers to /etc/vmware/.  Normally, a Linux host would have the former
> >> and a Linux guest would have the latter, and not vice versa.  So it
> >> still seems odd that you were running vmware-config.pl in a Linux guest
> >> and getting any outcome other than "command not found" (unless, as you
> >> say...).  And it still seems odd that you would have vmware-config.pl
> >> anywhere and be missing /etc/vmware/.
> >
> > He doesn't have vmware-config.pl anywhere.  It was a TYPO.  He meant
> > mware-config-tools.pl.  I think he has said that 3 times now in
> > different ways.
>
> Yeah, but his original complaint was about inability to find files in
> /etc/vmware:
>
> > The error message is "Unable to open the installer database
> > /etc/vmware/locations in read-mode.".
>
> vmware-config-tools.pl couldn't produce that error.  So I wanted to know
> if he's still got that problem.

Chalk that up to operator error. I should not have used
vmware-any-any-update106. It's the wrong patch. I need to get a
vmware-tools-any-update patch to fix this problem.

FC6 VM is working just fine without the services of the vmxnet module.
The pcnet (?) driver will suffice until a patch is available.