The sins of the Father is visited upon the Son. YUM!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 06:55:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 18:05 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
>

> > I'm in Little Richard mode again, "Won't somebody HEP ME!?" :) Ric
>
> What is the architecture of the corresponding kernel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6
> package?  Check the architecture with rpm with the queryformat option.
> (Sorry, not sitting at a Fedora machine just now to check the exact format
> you need.  Something like 'rpm -q --queryformat "%{ARCH}\n"
> kernel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6'.)
>
> The kernel-devel and kernel package architectures have to match.  I think
> yum is doing what it thinks is the right thing based on what you have
> installed.
>
> So boot to another installed kernel, remove the kernel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6
> and kernel-devel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 packages, and reinstall them.

I did the fix back when FC6 came out. That's my worry. I removed the
i586 bit and re-installed the i686, way back when. Now it's back??
Too many grey hairs on this end. Too many. I need a trampoline, just to
work off the urge to do back-flips and curse. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net