How can one install Fedora without a DVD or CDROM available from iso images? (grub entry?)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jan 25 02:19:12 UTC 2007

Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> Hi;
>
>   How to install FC6 without cdrom?  my cdrom is no longer
> working...floppy works, bios too old to boot from usb flash; computer
> does have usb though;
>
>   I've been trying to setup a ftp or http install but I haven't got that
> working yet either...
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott

Not too long ago someone posted a response to a way you could mount the
dvd image and extract the installation kernel as a choice within grub.
You put the vmlinuz and initrd.img from the install media and add an
entry in grub to boot the installation.

I cannot find the posting from the archive but it should be there somewhere.

Maybe we need "super beagle" as a search engine for the fedora user list
archives. :-)

I'll change the subject to get attention from the person that had the
solution.

Jim

--
You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.