Ripping sound from videos with mplayer

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 00:51:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 10:37 +0000, Mark Knoop wrote:
> On 25/01/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > mplayer -noframedrop -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:file=outfile.wav yourfilm
> > >
> > Mark, how do I specify the audio freq if I want 48,000? It keeps
> > downmixing to 22,000 Thanx!! Ric
>
> That will dump whatever is in the original - you can resample by
> adding the following filter:
>
> -af resample=48000:0:2
>
> resample[=srate[:sloppy[:type]]] - details in man mplayer

Mark, you have not only my unbridled thanks, but my admiration for
understanding that beast. Your education was not come by easily, unless
you're a lot smarter than me or I'm a heckuva lot dumber than I
thought.<Grins> I'd go with the former case!

I've attempted to read the man page on mplayer well over 50 times and
come away with just a headache and a sinking feeling in my guts that
some things have just passed me by.

If someone could come up with a gui to click on all the features to pass
to the Ultimate Mplayer Command Line, to get mplayer to do what you want
it to, they would have my undying thanks as well as the gratitude of
thousands.

My original was sampled at 48.000 but using the command line above
dropped the rate to 22,000. yeah, I wuz scratching my head over that.
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net