Kmail offline

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 26 23:31:17 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 17:10, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Friday 26 January 2007 20:59, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Gee, simple I'd think, I read the logs when it failed, and it was
>> selinux that denied me access to the ieee1394 hardware when i ran it
>> as the user gene, uid 500.
>
>Gene, I ran kino as user, and it controlled my camcorder.  SELinux
> didn't interfere at all.
>
>Anne

I wish I had your luck girl, or some of it would rub off on me.
Its been a while but I don't recall even being able to do startx as gene,
ISTR it brought up the X in the middle of the screen, and then went away
in another 2-3 seconds.  I need to reboot to a newer kernel I just built,
if I can get it to boot (fat fingered typu in grub.conf the first time),
and see if, without selinux, it will run for me.  Of course that means a
week of piddling around getting all the stuff setup so x looks decent
too.  Then go thru the autorelabel process after rebooting to a fedora
kernel with all that stuff in it.

Things would be a heck of a lot easier to test if I could just goto tty2's
screen, login as gene, and start a second session of x as me.  But that
upchucked and rebooted me the last time I had that oh so brilliant idea.
That would probably need more ram and this board is tapped out at 1gb of
ram now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)