help installing FC6

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Jan 27 16:06:40 UTC 2007

On Sat January 27 2007, François Patte wrote:
> I booted on the fc6-dvd, came accross the manual partionning (accepted),
> then up to the sceen: "reading informations for installation" no
> problems and suddenly an ununderstable message for me:
>
> "an error occured while unmounting CD-ROM (why does it want to unmount
> the dvd?....) *check if you do not access /mnt/source from shell* on
> tty2, then click OK to retry"

bonjour to you, Francois - I don't have a definite answer, but, what about a
theory? If you choose to manually partition, presumably, the partitioning
manager checks to make sure that disks are unmounted so they can be safely
partitioned - perhaps, something in your BIOS or something in the
partitioning manager is getting confused and thinks your optical drive is
actually a hard drive...of course, it that's the case, I'm not sure what
you'd do about it - someone else may have a better idea, or plan of attack

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA