Something I had to ask about evolution.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 10:47:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 10:41 +0100, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> El Domingo, 28 de Enero de 2007 10:15, Ric Moore escribió:
> >
> > Damn, Tim. Now that you've fixed it, I'll have to find something else to
> > hate, so I can continue my Thespian career ranting Herman Melville.
> > <sigh> I know! I'll curse xine which has stopped playing sound on .flv
> > files. It worked yesterday and now it doesn't ...again. Whew! I'm
> > feeling better already. Ric
>
> Uff Ric, you've disappointed me using Xine :-(.

Well, it's so kEwL. I can click most anything on it and it plays just
fine, until my entire collection of ripped off videos from youtune
quits, which happens about once a week for the last month or so. I fix
it, it breaks, I fix it again, it breaks. I dnload every known library I
can find, like a chimpanzee and it works, then breaks.

> Well, let's try to help you a little bit, try ffmpeg and convert from .flv to
> avi or mpeg or whatever and see if it works on Xine (aggg)
> By the way, I had no problem using .flv on mplayer.

OK, I take your advice:
[root at iam mp3]# ffmpeg
ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined
symbol: NeAACDecOpen
[root at iam mp3]#

See? I cannot win. It's Herman Neville time I do believe. Lemme go and
find my oilskins and slicker. It's on! :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net