calendar command missing

Scott Evans sae at crossbucks.com
Sun Jan 28 13:55:54 UTC 2007

>         Are you by chance thinking of cal? (it prints out a calendar for the
>current or specified month and year). it should be in your /usr/bin
>directory and is provided by d year). It is provided by the util-linux
>package.
>
>Scott(2)

No, I do have cal, but calendar is a separate command, that reads a
calendar file in the user's home directory and spits out any dates it finds
in the file as events of the day.  So if I had calendar file that had a
line like:

Meeting on 1/28/2007 at Joe's house,

when invoked, the calendar command would spit the line back out on 1/27 and
1/28, as calendar events for "tomorrow" (when invoked on 1/27) and "today"
(when invoked on 1/28).