Serial camera + RS232 > USB adapter

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 29 00:06:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 12:03 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> A much cheaper option is to use a card reader :-)

I don't know if it's cheaper, but there's a lot of conveniences:

Your camera isn't tied to the computer.
You don't flatten your batteries.
It does seem quicker even than the top USB 2.0 speed.
You don't need special camera drivers.
You're not stuck with an unsupported camera.
Things like gThumb can import from cards like it does with cameras.

I read messages from the public lists.