kernel BUG at lib/kernel_lock.c:83! - 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Tue Jan 30 02:16:10 UTC 2007

Alan wrote:
> But only Nvidia have the source code to both parts so they can actually
> debug it. Nobody else can. It's simply the way things work currently.

*Exactly! yet another useless comment.*

Guys, Nvidia have closed source drivers which will NEVER be open
sourced, they're a milti-billions $ company, so you can shout all you
like, things are never going to change, however, at least they actively
maintain (with good will) closed source drivers which is a lot more than
most other hardware companies do.

In my post I was hoping you guys would "see past" the fact that the
kernel was tainted and just look at the "actual message", maybe someone
else was seeing the same thing?, but instead every bloody one of you
jumped on the NVidia bandwagon , well whoppee!  you're all great! for
pointing this out, well done.

I had no reason to create a bugzilla report because, firstly I could not
reproduce it and actually don't know what caused it, however the link I
provided in my was interested because it appears to be the same bug
which "should" have been fixed 3 years ago. Also, I wanted to create a
reference point in time and content so if someone at a later date
started seeing this problem some of the info I provided would be somehow
useful however that penny never dropped for the tainted among us. - I
assume you goes use google right?

Like I said in my second post, if you can't be constructive why bother
telling me how to suck eggs!

Best regards.

Albert.