Inconsistent behaviour of menus

spmirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 30 16:18:52 UTC 2007

> From: Alexander Volovics <awol at home.nl>
>

> If you click on 'Applications', 'Places' or 'System' on the panel
> you can, seemingly at random, get:
>
> - the full menu
> - a truncated menu with scroll arrows
>
> The same goes when clicking on the menu entries.
>
> I find this behaviour irritating and would very much like to
> get the full menu every time.
>
> Does anybody know why this happens and if it is possible to
> configure this somewhere?
>
> Alexander
Hi Alexander,

This an age old bug/feature of Gnome.  It occurs when there is a program
update or software install that adds or repopulates the Gnome menus.  If
you don't run Gnome while getting updates or log out and in (of Gnome)
after getting updates or installing programs that add menu entries, your
menus should refresh without scrolling.

Stephen