Anyone using SUSPEND on a Linux Laptop?

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 12:22:54 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, clemens at dwf.com <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses.
> No one mentioned SWSUPS vs SUSPEND2 in their response.
> Can I assume that you all were using the SWSUPS that is in the kernel source?

I'm using suspend2 on my laptop (kernel-suspend2 and associated
support rpms from atrpms). I always suspend to disk and mostly this
works well, though recent kernels seem less reliable than earlier
ones. Wireless networking and lirc need restarting after a resume, but
the suspend scripts has hooks to do this. Graphics, sound and the USB
mouse all work fine after a resume (even if the mouse is inserted
between suspend and resume).

'Less reliable' above means that the suspend process occasionally
aborts or hangs, and seems to do so more than when I had FC4 on the
same machine. But I've not seriously tried to work out why.

Regards,

Chris