How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Wed Jan 31 13:55:07 UTC 2007

Claude Jones escribió:
> On Wed January 31 2007, Kam Leo wrote:
>> I believe you're searching for /var/lib/smart/config (binary)
>
> Yes! I had previously stated that I thought the channel info was stored in a
> binary, in this thread - I just had forgotten where. So, Kam, do you have an
> idea of what's in that binary? Can it be copied between different
> installations on different computers, to just 'pre-configure' SMART? I did
> ask this question on the smart list many months ago, but didn't get any
> replies.

Here's an example from livna to use smart mirrors:

http://rpm.livna.org/smart-mirrors.txt

You use it like this:

smart mirror --add http://rpm.livna.org/smart-mirrors.txt

BTW, you shouldn't touch what's in /var/lib/smart/. Those files get
changed by smart when you change things in /etc/smart/.

Hope it helps.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA