Kernel update

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jul 4 19:31:41 UTC 2007

Andy Green wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

>>> http://mirror.hiwaay.net/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Fedora/
>>>
>>> where they have kernel-2.6.22-0.5.rc7.git2.fc8.i686.rpm
>>>
>>> Usually running development kernels on the current OS works out okay...
>>> but in the past there have been filesystem-trashers... don't blame me if
>>> it trashes your install.
>>>
>> or you can just clone the main git repo and take it from there.
>> frankly, that seems like the easiest solution, and it works fine for
>> me.
>>
>>   $ uname -r
>>   2.6.22-rc7-nodbg
>>

> Yep I'm running current wireless-dev on some boxes here myself... but if
> all he wants is a more current kernel and not to customize it then
> development is easier -- and quicker -- than building your own.
>
> -Andy

    I just got the new kernel with all the WiFi things in it which I d/l
from
http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/RPMS.kernel/i386/ and
it is kernel version kernel-2.6.21-1.3232.fc7.rpm and this I installed
on my laptop with just the usual RPM call:

# rpm -i kernel-2.6.21-1.3232.fc7.rpm

and it was installed. Grub got the right stuff and it boots on the new
kernel.

Karl