[Fedora] Re: mc

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jul 4 20:56:58 UTC 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> nano has a problem for me with wrapping text on long line entries,
>> mcedit on the other hand is not prone to the nano flaw.
>    That's not a flaw, it's a feature.  If you don't want it to wrap,
> then the manpage reads:
>
>       -w (--nowrap)
>              Disable wrapping of long lines.
>

>    You -DID- read the manpage, right?

No, I did not read the man pages for the program. If breaking a line for
a config file is the default, I would rather have mc available. The
program is broken if it does not work in a sane manner with initial
setup. I doubt seriously that I would use nano to write documents where
the next line break would be advantageous.

Who reads directions until all other attempts fail? :-)

Thanks for the note regarding nano having man pages. I would not have
guessed a b/w editor with no function keys for functions would have a
man page on assumption.

Jim