MADWIFI

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 20:38:17 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Steven Stern wrote:
>>

> Well the make install must be quite a program. I'm old and I recall
> you must compile both the things in the kernel and all the modules. I
> really don't see how that can part of the make install.
>
> And the yum of a kernel FAILED because I already have a later kernel.
> It might have madwifi but I can't find it.
>
> This whole thing is just a pain!
>
> Karl

The program kmod-madwifi is the /kernel module/ for madwifi. The key:
you must install a kernel module built specially for the kernel you want
to run it with.

Question for everyone: does the new kernel have any of its own WiFi
code, and if so, does that code substitute for MADWifi for use with
Atheros-based wireless NICs?

Temlakos