MADWIFI

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 8 11:22:08 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 15:05 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I need to do some cleanup and am writing a paper on how to get your
>> linux to do wifi. It will be long but much more structured than the
>> help I get here.
>>

> I think more than a few of us are getting a little tired of your "I get
> nothing but crap from this list" attitude.

    That was NOT the point. The point is that I do have the wifi working
on my laptop from help from this list. But until I learned more the help
was mis-directed. It was toward the wrong hardware. I have received help
on many subjects.

    What is needed is a paper that tells a person what to do and in what
order. For instance I didn't learn how to identify what wifi hardware I
have until after I got 25 messages covering a different hardware.

    So I will work on this paper and send it to this list for help.

Karl