F7: yum clean all failure

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Jul 10 01:39:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 06:42 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
>> mkdir -p /var/cache/yum/kagesenshi-compiz/headers
>> /var/cache/yum/planetcore/headers
>>
>> and try again.
> I had to create header dirs for /var/cache/yum/* !... but it worked
> fine! Thanks a lot

I'll bet that you added the repo's in question after updating to the
latest version of Yum.  I suspect failure to create the headers directory
on the initial run causes a problem for those of us who spin our own
installation trees.  The install of F7 now bombs out with an error
referencing missing files in /tmp/cache/<name-with-a-date-in it>/headers
right after saying that installation is starting.

--
           Bill in Denver