Problems with WPA2/AES and Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g)

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:51:26 UTC 2007

Robert Scheck wrote:
> Good evening folks,
>
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Robert Scheck wrote:
>> Looks like proto "WPA2" isn't supported which seems to be the reason that
>> my WPA2/AES setup doesn't work. Using Windows XP the stuff works...so does
>> anybody of you have an idea to get WPA2/AES working at Fedora, too?
>>
>> Oh and WLAN without any encryption works, of course.

> Ush. It took me hours to get WLAN working with a secure setup at Fedora -
> it took me minutes to get the equivalent secure setup working at a Windows
> system...something goes wrong here. And you can be sure, the next guy
> telling me "You just have to do XYZ to get your WLAN working" will get
> slapped personally until he cries :)

Not much consolation, but this is probably because WPA2 is not
widely used yet.  If you could worry the NM and ndiswrapper
people a bit it might help prevent this happening to anyone else.
FWIW WPA(1) works better here than unencrypted (unsurprisingly that
appears to be a NetworkManager bug).

--
imalone